When researching legal information on licensing and rules for Florida restaurant, bar and commercial food service businesses, there are several areas you should consider looking into: statutes, administrative rules and other applicable codes including FDA food code.
In Florida, some fo the important statutes are:
- Chapter 509- part 1- public lodging and public food service establishments
- Chapter 559- part VII- licensing by the Dept of Business and Professional Regulation
- Chapter 83- part II: Florida residential landlord and tenant act
- Chapter 386- part II: Indoor act: Tobacco Smoke
- Section 865.09: Fictitious Name Registration