Are you dreaming, wishing, planning, arranging to open a bar, restaurant, lounge, catering, concessions stand or mobile food service establishment in Florida or nationwide? At One Fat Frog Commercial & Restaurant Equipment we have a few tips for you:
- be familiar with health codes and talk to your inspector before they come out
- all owner’s should have their foodsafe certificate
- follow through with incorporation and appropriate licensure
- be aware of your market
- be aware of your competition
- have a strong business plan
- be clear on your mission
- have back up funding available
- have resumes / applicants on hand for front of the house and back of the house
Starting a new restaurant, bar, mobile concessions stand or other food service provider? These brief guides are meant to encourage the initial business planning process. Thanks to One Fat Frog Used Restaurant Equipment for creating these guides.
- STARTUP SERIES: Naming your new restaurant, bar or eatery This guide is excellent for the initial steps of naming your food service establishment. It gives an overview to theory on naming, branding and planning for the future.
- STARTUP SERIES: Public relations & advertising for the restaurant or bar This guides gives an overview of PR and advertising techniques used, both in and out of the box thinking.
- STARTUP SERIES: Mobile concessions stand, ice cream truck, mobile catering This short guide gives the new business owner items to think about ranging from spatial, power and food lines.
- look for our upcoming guide on financing and partnerships
It is our hopes that these guides encourage you to think outside of the takeout box and allow your business to flourish. After all, as they say there’s more than one way of looking at a picture. As always, One Fat Frog remains a major resource for businesses starting up and looking to buy/ lease used restaurant equipment nationwide: Florida Georgia New York